Friday, January 9, 2009

preparing for my driving tests

the past few days i have started studying seriously for the written driving test. at the outset, I have to admit, the question papers are quite well designed. The fact that its is very 'visual' is great from a cognition point of view...
During my first attempt of answering some of the questions, I got the feeling that a lot could depend on a person's mental model - experiences in their home country...
E.g. my immediate reaction to open ended questions, like, "what should you be prepared for?" would be to select ALL options --- anything could happen...however, in the German context, this may not necessarily the correct answer :)

Interesting experience. I am however convinced that once I get past this and clear it successfully, I will be pretty well aware of the rules of the game of driving in this country.

No comments: