Monday, January 26, 2009

Feeling lucky

As the weather got a wee bit warmer - enough for us to be able to go jogging again, thats what we did on the weekend. Saturday was a longer run as we kind of got lost following the winding paths around Wiesloch, Rauenberg.
Nevertheless it was enjoyable.
As we were jogging through the wineyards, the farms, I realized thats what I like the most of being here. All my life I have lived in a "big city." Im my opinion, big cities are kind of similar across the world.

So I love the fact that I am able to run past farm fields, an occassional tractor driver wishing us a good morning, interesting birds flying past; avoiding lumps of horse dung; taking a break in a small watchtower; watching children play Boule...basically living in a "rural" set up. All of this, and yet being so close to office; being employed with a large multi-national company and everything that comes with it; not compromising on any aspect of "quality of (my) life"

If I were to be live in such an environment in India, it would mean, living in a suburb - would be very very far from the city (because indian cities tend to be big) - would have to compromise on infrastructure...dont know what else.

Im feeling really lucky to have had such an opportunity in my life.

No comments: