Sunday, April 11, 2010

Atlanta 2: Finding "veggie; healthy" food

Among Steaks and Original Hamburgers, the first challenge is to find any vegetarian food.
The next challenge is to find something not too greasy, heavy and large - something "healthy"

Looking to eat something around noon, I went towards 'Underground Atlanta.' Its an interesting little place. Lots of food stalls but none that offer something vegetarian. (I really missed having the ubiquitous bakeries of Germany where I could just get myself a croissant/preztel and a coffee)

Finally, I saw a 'Waffle House.' Among the huge combo meal options, I choose to eat 1 waffle with honey and a glass of cold milk. The size and 'guilt' factor did not make me want to do my body a favour and go for a jog immediately.

On looking around, I learnt that the Waffle House is a rather old establishment and saw an interesting sign board that read, 'Shirts and shoes are required to be served.' ha! :)

4 comments:

VictorTango said...

Chillis hav veggie bean patty burgers

Karla said...

Most restaurants should have veg items. I can't believe you went to a Waffle House, I've never even been to one! Try finding a Panera Bread - nice and healthy and lots of veg items. If you need anything while you're here let me know!

Karla said...

Oh and by the way, the reason you can't find anything healthy is because you're in Atlanta, not because you're in the US :-)

Unknown said...

K, you bet and I dont have friends like you in Atlanta who knows where to take me :)