Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tight rope walking

  • I am supposed to do 'Pranayama' 6-10 times in a day for 5 min each of which atleast 4 times should be with the prescribed oil.
  • I am supposed to do an oil massage twice a week (in weekends)
  • Eat at the same time everyday
  • I should eat dinner by 7 pm
  • I should be getting ready to sleep by 10 pm
  • I need to spend 8 hours at work, working
  • Need to sleep for 7 hours
  • Cook for both of us
  • Get physical activity for minimum 30 minutes everyday
  • Drink minimum 7 glasses of water
  • Eat 'warm' food
  • Clean the apartment
  • Do grocery shopping
  • Eat 1 fruit everyday
  • Plan vacations
  • Call up and converse with families twice in a week for approx 30 min each
  • Stay in touch with friends - Facebook, emails, chat
  • Do paper work of Bank, insurance, medical stuff, office stuff, company car, house rental etc
  • Socialize with friends
  • Catch up on reading
  • Manage my photos - print them, upload them, download them, frame them...
  • Learn 'how tos' of a Digital SLR
  • Stay up to date by listening, reading, watching the happening on the world; in my profession
  • Soul search to constantly reshuffle my priorities in life
  • Stay focussed on goals of my life
  • Water the plants
  • Relfect on my career and identify ways forward
  • Worry what i would teach my child IF and when I have one
  • Be there for my husband
  • Drive
  • Clean the car
  • do the laundry
phew!! I am stressed!!
 
Obviously, I do not end up doing all of the above. In the end here's what I am SOMEWHAT able to accomplish:
  • Pranayama 2 times a day all times with oil
  • Body massage - maybe once in a month :(
  • Sporadic physical activities :(
  • Eat my meals at ALMOST regular time everyday
  • Eat my dinner between 7-9. I really try to eat between 7-8 but latest by 9
  • Go to bed by 11 
  • Shop for groceries once a week
  • Call family twice a week
  • Sporadic 'reading'
  • Cooking for both of us
  • Working 8 hours a day at work
  • Socializing with a circle of friends
  • Am disorganized with my paper work
  • Am constantly multi-tasking and feeling that i am neglecting something else :((
V has taken over some tasks :)
But still I desperately need to set my priorities again and manage my time more effectively. With so much in my 'to do' list, I am extremely disoriented and distracted.

The things I 'want' to do do not even figure in this list yet!!! :(

For 'health' reasons, I am told I should stay FAR AWAY from stress!! How can I accomplish that??? Would love to know!!!

2 comments:

VictorTango said...

feel free to delegate to me

Karla said...

just wait until you have a kid - if you choose to do so!