Sunday, June 21, 2009

Eagles live

I heard Hotel California for the first time in the 1980s when my brother put that song on air as he hosted the All India Radio international music program "In the Groove."

Since then Ive been hearing it over and over again - in many different versions.

In 2000, I watched Don Henley live in Oakland, California and heard a different rendering of this song. That was as authentic as it could get - straight from a former Eagles member.

Little did I know I would get to see EAGLES play together again - live. On 20th June 2009, Mannheim, SAP Arena - I did.

They introduced themselves as "we are the Eagles - the band that refuses to die and belongs to the last century."

But they were as good. They played a good mix of old favourites and titles from their new album.

No comments: