Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Up close with Chris Martin :)

November 2005 was when I first saw Cold Play live in Mainmarkt Platz, Mannheim Germany: The X&Y tour. This was my first concert in Germany, my first trip to Germany as an employee of SAP. I had gone alone for this concert. I stood somewhat far away from the stage, just enough to be able to "see" the band from a distance. Considering how good the band was even then, the venue was rather small . It was not totally packed either. There was more crowd at the SAP Arena that day for the ice hockey match. 02.09.08, I watch them live again - the Viva La Vida tour. This is my first concert in Germany as a resident of Germany, as an employee of SAP AG :). So much has changed (for the better) between then and now. This time the concert was in SAP Arena; It was sold out; The props much more professional; the band has ofcourse gotten even better :) The best part was, I got to see Chris Martin REALLY close!!! Thanks to the stage set up, the crowd definitely got their money's (a lot of euros) worth. I felt like a groupie at times!!! My admiration for this band, especially Chris Martin only increased last night. As the band took one of their breaks, as the crowd goaded them to come back, we suddenly see the flash lights on the 'seated audience' of SAP Arena and thats where the band performed their next song from - acoustic, with just a mike. So amazing!!! Towards the end, the concert became even special when they dispersed colorful papers cut out in the shapes of butterflies... I loved every moment of it!!!

No comments: