Saturday, July 26, 2008

The House Hunt

Having a relocation agent from systematic movement is definitely very helpful for house hunting. The quota is 10 houses - having been through the experience, I feel this is less.
Picky as I am, I saw 7 houses with the agent (several others on my own using the portal postings) and none made the mark. I was really getting frantic about this as I was just 3 houses away from filling up the quota.
The relocation agent too was getting baffled to why I wasnt deciding with any one. I spent most of my day in office looking up the portal, immobilienscout24.de, calling up people, emailing people...

Then finally, the '8th' house was the one I picked.
1/3 Hauselacker, Wiesloch.

It was a classic 'being in the right place at the right time' case. The landlady had trouble with the previous occupants and I happened to be looking...


The areas is really nice - almost everything is in walking distance. Zentrum, The Palatin, Toom Markt, Flora Park, my bank, post office...
I like it :) The only thing im missing is having a bicycle.

No comments: