Tuesday, July 8, 2008

First address in Germany

My first address in Germany as a 'resident' was 39 Falltorstrasse, Bad Schonborn.
While the guest house isnt the most modern or aesthetic, I have to say Mrs Fug made my stay very comfortable.
The house had somewhat of an old world charm, had an old radio, TV...reminded me of stuff we had in our house many years ago.
Both Mr and Mrs Fug are very friendly, kind. Mr Fug didnt speak English, but I could converse with my limited knowledge of German. Mrs Fug however speaks good English.
I one thing I really missed was internet connection in the guest house. I really think SAP employees living in temporary accomodation should always be provided with internet connection. There were days when I had to leave the guest house at 7 am to take calls with my team in Palo Alto - breakfast was just getting laid out in the BAC building at that time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading some random blogs and than I saw that your first address was in Bad Schönborn...I was surprised because I come from Bad Schönborn too :)