Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Let there be light

For the 1st time in 7 years, my apartment in Bangalore didn't have any celebrations for Diwali. Usually my Dad would put up the lights a couple of days before Diwali and my parents together would make some goodies at home to celebrate. 

It's rather sad to see a dark home on the festival of lights. 

I was pleasantly surprised today when I got a picture from my neighbor in Bangalore. She took the effort to light a couple of lamps in front of my apartment. 

I was really touched by their gesture. All my memories of my time spent in that apartment with my parents came flashing back in that instant. 

I actually had tears in my eyes - partly feeling grateful for having such people in my life and partly coz I missed my Dad and felt overwhelmed with all the changes since. 





It's always amazing to come across people who do small selfless acts as these. 




No comments: