Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Expat life

As I spend more time here and get insights beyond the obvious of the different aspects of systems, processes, cultures in Germany, I realize it has its own set of prejudices, judgements, rigidities and hypocrisies.

I then realized that I really like living the life of an expat because it allows me to be away from these aspects of my own culture and I can also stay relatively away from those of the country of residence. While being neither here nor there has its negatives, this is perhaps the positive side of it.

I will always be an outsider (everywhere) to be pulled into the depths of the society. Nobody will really care to do so and this makes it easier for me to leave these complexities, move on and focus on more important things in life.

Anyway, populist societal believes are always too black and white, judgmental and templatized while the greater part of life are different shades of gray, uncertain, relative and contextual.  

No comments: