Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Inspiration

Starting spring all through good weather days, this old lady religiously comes to work on her piece of land behind our apartment - tiling, planting, weeding, cutting, watering...she spends many hours there and it seems like its something she enjoys. 

People her age back in India rarely do anything that they enjoy at a personal level. They would rarely do anything that involves as much physical effort. The mentality would be that of life coming to an end...

From the way she walks, I can tell she perhaps has troubles with her knees and even her back, yet she does all this back breaking work, all by herself. She inspires me - to be like her when I am that age - find the joy in doing things that interests me...do everything in my control to physically be in a position to do so.

There is often a strange sense of pleasure every time I see her driving up her car to the piece of land, to see her going about her work. I look forward to seeing her :)

No comments: