Monday, September 12, 2011

"I choose to be a woman"...kudos to that!

I experienced a 'first of it's kind' situation sometime back. A colleague who I knew as a man, underwent a sex change to become a woman. As difficult as it was for some of us who knew her in the past, I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for her. I give kudos to her for being so brave. To go through such a huge change and yet be among the same colleagues, friends...I am really amazed at her strength.

Coming from a patriarchal country where women still largely have an inferior status, it's fascinating to see that someone actually chooses to be a woman :) 
While in my country, women often wish/wished they were a man :) - sometimes just so they could get as much to eat/get some education/ survive...!!

This is for my colleague, and to all the fortunate women who can celebrate their femininity.




1 comment:

VictorTango said...

thank God that you are a woman ;-)