Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Berlin Impressions: 1

Big city - lots of new high rised housing - drivers honking...First impression - "its so different" (from the Germany Ive experienced so far)
As we experienced more parts of the city, it started feeling like a history class. Every other part of the city has some story behind it.

  • I tried to visualize crossroads with tanks and military checkpoints instead of cars and designer stores...
  • I wondered what went through the mind of the 'elders' that lived through this time but were now reading their own history in a museum/memorial
  • I wished the world never goes through wars of this scale.
The image of my old black and white TV broadcasting the news of the Fall of the Wall flashed in my mind very often. Somehow I remember that very clearly. This year Berlin celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Fall of the Wall.

'Listening to the Winds of Change' (on the car radio) suddenly felt very different.

No comments: