Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jogging through Wineyards in Wiesloch, Baden-Würrtemberg, Germany

A couple of days after I moved into my rented apartments in Wiesloch, I decided to explore the area a bit by going out for a jog.
The small hill seen from my windows intrigued me, so I started to jog in its direction.
I soon found myself jogging on paths through wineyards. Grapes still hanging on them, the leaves a beautiful shade of green, almost translucent against the setting, evening sun.
It was such a great experience. After recultantly working up a 6kms running schedule on a treadmill (lack of aesthetic, hassle free outdoor environments in India) - this was an extremely welcome change for me. The feeling of running in such picturesque, clean, dust and pollution free paths free of honking cars is something to be experienced. It really motivates me to put on my jogging shoes, ipod and get on the road more often.
Some of these wineyards have a shop to purchase their produce. Wow! That was a special evening. In my solitude, I felt good about a few decisions:Firstly, renting the apartments; living in a 'town/village'; choosing Germany (europe) over USA :)

No comments: